General membership meetings are normally held seven times a year on the third Monday of February, April, June, September, October and December at St. Bartholomew’s Anglican Church, 2368 Eggert Road, near the corner of Eggert Road and Sheridan Drive in the Town of Tonawanda, NY (behind Advance Auto Parts) at 7:00 pm. Doors open at 6:30 for rag chewing and informal discussion, a brief business meeting begins at 7:00, with the program of the evening following. A few times each year the regular meetings are replaced by special activities. These include the Mobile Clinic each July at the Boston repeater site, February Auction and tours of local businesses or other locations of interest.
Upcoming General Membership Meetings and Club Events:
Tentatively the schedule for the next few months is as follows, again depending on governmental directives.
Monday, October 19, 2020 Annual BARRA meeting for the purpose of hearing reports and electing board directors. Please note due to pandemic restrictions and requirements of our site host we must follow these directions:
1. All in attendance must be masked at all times.
2. Attendance will be by reservation only; we have to restrict our total attendance. Attendance will be limited to board members and 12 members. To reserve your place send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone KA2WFT (number is in The Link). Please make a reservation; we don’t want to have to turn people away at the door.
3. The meeting will be held in the church’s social hall. Please enter through the social hall doors from the parking lot (the large glass entrance). Our usual meeting entrance will not be open.
4. The church will have a sign-in contact tracing form in the vestibule, please fill out the required information as you enter.
5. Distanced chairs will be set up in the hall for our use, please sit in an open seat and do not move them.
It should go without saying that if you do not feel well the day of the meeting, please do not attend.
To limit the amount of time we are together, there will be no program following the business meeting.
All other BARRA meetings remain suspended at this time.
BARRA’s Technical Committee is comprised of members who work with and on our repeater equipment and facilities in which our equipment is housed. The Tech Committee meets the first Thursday of every month (with the exception of holidays or school closures that fall on meeting days) in the conference room (just inside the main door) of the BOCES Potter Road Career and Technical Center, 705 Potter Road, West Seneca, NY on the corner of Slade, Potter and Orchard Park Roads. Meetings begin at 7:00 PM and usually conclude with adjournment to a local restaurant for munchies. All BARRA members of all technical abilities are welcome to join the Technical Committee at any time.
SPECIAL NOTE: Summer meetings (July & August) of the Technical Committee are held at the Cole Road repeater site, not the school.
Post Office Box 507
North Tonawanda, NY 14120-0507